The 2020 Formula One season is just around the corner, and fans all over the world are eagerly anticipating the start of another thrilling championship. With the cars and teams in the final stages of preparation, the drivers are gearing up for what promises to be a highly competitive season.
As always, there are a number of drivers who are expected to shine in 2020, and here are the top 10 Formula One drivers to watch in the upcoming season:
1. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes): The reigning world champion is once again expected to be the man to beat in 2020. With his raw speed, consistency, and proven racecraft, Hamilton will be the favorite to win his seventh world championship.
2. Max Verstappen (Red Bull Racing): After an impressive 2019 season, Verstappen is expected to continue his upward trajectory in 2020. With a set of new regulations that may favor the Red Bull car, Verstappen could be a serious championship contender.
3. Charles Leclerc (Ferrari): The young Monegasque driver made a huge impact in his first season with Ferrari, and he is expected to be even stronger in 2020. With a year of experience under his belt, Leclerc will be aiming to challenge for race wins and potentially the championship.
4. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari): Vettel will be looking to bounce back from a disappointing 2019 campaign and show that he still has what it takes to compete at the highest level. As a four-time world champion, Vettel cannot be counted out.
5. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes): Bottas will be aiming to challenge Hamilton for the championship in 2020. With improved consistency and a strong work ethic, Bottas could be a dark horse for the title.
6. Carlos Sainz (McLaren): Sainz had a breakthrough season in 2019, scoring his first podium in Brazil. With McLaren showing signs of improvement, Sainz could be a driver to watch in 2020.
7. Daniel Ricciardo (Renault): After a challenging first season with Renault, Ricciardo will be looking to make a strong comeback in 2020. With his aggressive driving style and natural speed, Ricciardo could be a threat in the midfield.
8. Alexander Albon (Red Bull Racing): Albon impressed in his first season with Red Bull and will be looking to build on that success in 2020. With a full season at a top team under his belt, Albon could be a surprise contender for race wins.
9. Lando Norris (McLaren): The young British driver had a strong debut season in 2019 and will be aiming for further improvement in 2020. With McLaren continuing to make progress, Norris could be a driver to watch this season.
10. Esteban Ocon (Renault): Ocon will be returning to the grid after a year on the sidelines and will be looking to make a strong impression. With his previous experience at Force India, Ocon could be a strong asset for Renault in 2020.
With so many talented drivers on the grid, the 2020 Formula One season promises to be an exciting and unpredictable one. As the teams and drivers gear up for the first race in Australia, the stage is set for another thrilling championship battle. Keep an eye on these 10 drivers as they look to make their mark in the upcoming season.